Please ensure that you have the correct photo CD (labelled "WinSchool"). CDs designed for other admin packages will not import into WinSchool.
- Insert the CD into the CD-ROM drive.
- Run WinSchool.
- Click on Details, then File, then Load Pictures.
- In the "Import Students" window, click OK.
- In the "Student Picture Import Control File" window, under Drives, choose your CD-ROM drive (usually drive D or E).
- Double-click on the folder "WinSchool" (might appear as "winsch~5" or similar, depending on your system).
- Click on the filename (Datafile.txt) and then click OK.
A "Student Pictures Import" window will open and WinSchool will start loading the students' photos, building a list of records. A status bar at the top indicates both the number of pages and the percentage complete. This may take a minute or more, depending on the size of the file.
Note: the list indicates "student # - picture replaced" for each student's picture loaded, as well as errors, ie. "*** Error in input file at line xx : Student number is blank".
- Once complete, click on the X in the top right corner to close the window.
- Open several students' records to verify that their photos have been loaded.
- Chancery Software (WinSchool software vendor)
Calling for Help
If you require assistance with your WinSchool program, please visit the Chancery Software tech support website or phone them at 1-800-688-9939.
If you experience difficulties with your Mountain West CD, you may contact our Digital Department via email, or via telephone at 604-433-0551 ext.122 within Greater Vancouver, or 1-888-644-4494 ext.122 toll-free from all other areas.